Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.


Oh Allah, i fear to wake up everyday,
as i dont know what my eyes will see or what my mouth will say.
a new day is like a slate wiped clean,
waiting to be filled with my deeds and sins; a test of my deen.
but my sins will stain the slate black,
a permanent stain, not something i can take back.

the start of new day fears but amazes me at the same time,
to think that You have given me a new chance no matter what crime.

oh to lay here forever until I reunite with You,
if that were possible it would be my only dream come true.

but this dunya and everything in it is a test,
and i will fight everyday for my heart to be at rest.
a beautiful sinner is the only thing i can be.
to sin and than repent; purify my body.

so rather than living in fear.
i will rise every dawn with only one care;

my wudhu washing my sins away,
and bowing down to my Lord as the sun rises
and shines its rays.
for moment like this my heart will live:
Beating away the blessing You give.

---